To celebrate Polo America’s 25th anniversary we have produced a limited-edition series of 5½-foot tall fiberglass polo players on horseback. They are similar to the life-size polo player statues displayed at JFK Airport in 2002. We’re offering two versions, realistic and artistic.
Version 1 depicts realistic polo teams painted with your team shirt, saddle pad, wraps, helmet and mallets. At present, these patrons have purchased statues for their teams: Melissa Ganzi (Grand Champions) Jeff Hildebrand (Tonkawa), George Rawlings (Crab Orchard), Marc Ganzi (Audi), Jenny Luttrell (Cotterell Farms), Bash Kazi (KIG), Tony Coppola (Tackeria), Curtis Pilot (Sunny Hill), Mike Farah (Celebrity Ranch Polo Club), and Ford Trucks (Built Ford Tough).
Polo Team Statue Package
- Horse color (bay, grey or chestnut)
- Replica of your polo team shirt and number
- Color of wraps
- Color of saddle pad
- Helmet color
- Color of mallet tips
- Polyurethane treatment for ease of use indoors or out
- Steel base (60″ x 20″)
COST: $5,000, plus shipping. Price includes wooden crate.
The second version takes a more artistic approach. Artists are invited to paint or transform the polo player model any way they wish, while keeping the structural integrity of the form intact. Ten statues will be displayed throughout the Palm Springs area for 90 days prior to a charity auction, at the Eldorado Polo Club on March 21, 2015. At present, these sponsors have purchased statues: b. alsohns jewelers, The Prentice Group (Merrill Lynch), Trilogy at the Polo Club, Phyllis Washington Antiques, Maison Felice, Griffin Ranch, Flooring Innovations and Ritz Carlton Rancho Mirage.
The first group of statues on display in Palm Springs will be “Champagne Divot Stomp” by Dana Donaty; “Polo Shopper” by Pat Levey; “Polo Africa” by Joanne Sullam; and “Royal Polo” by Joe Tracy.
- A polo statue will be displayed at your business for a minimum of three months prior to the charity auction
- A plaque will be placed on your statue listing you as the sponsor.
- Your company will be featured, along with your sponsored statue, in the Polo America Magazine.
- Your company will receive two VIP tickets to the charity auction, polo match and dinner on March 21, 2015, at the Eldorado Polo Club.
- Your company will receive a full-page color ad in Polo America Magazine.
For more information or purchase plans call Randy Russell, (803) 652-1181.