Polo America is the country’s largest full-service marketing firm that caters to the sport of polo. The company’s cachet includes creating and producing a variety of world-class events throughout the United States.
Polo America Magazine is one of our crown jewels. Through expert content and lively photos, our coffee table editions bring players and readers together in the elegant world of polo. With the current edition we’re expanding our reach with our new Jack and Jill format that will dedicate one side of the magazine to polo and the other side to racing. Our research indicated there is a major crossover between polo, fast cars and racing. It turns out that our polo players love their cars as much as they do their horses.
Polo America and Polo America Racing will publish twice yearly. The winter issue features our highly anticipated “Polo Players Yearbook” of more than 1,500 individuals with their headshots and goal ratings.
Distribution and Demographics
Each issue is mailed to Polo America’s national player database, which has grown over the last 30 years to become one of the most extensive in the United States.
Our readers are high net worth individuals who appreciate luxury and live the polo lifestyle. Advertisers include a variety of well-heeled brands such as Piaget, Lamborghini, Four Season Hotel, Mikimoto and Northern Trust Private Banking. That thread of excellence continues with polo suppliers that include Tackeria, Ford Trucks, La Martina, Platinum Performance and John Deere.
We’ve spared no expense to bring you one of the world’s most elegant polo publications. It is little wonder that magazines from years past still find an esteemed resting place on coffee tables the homes of many polo player’s and aficionados alike.
To join our exclusive advertiser’s list, call (803) 652-1181.
To ensure a pleasant printing experience, please review our specifications.
Printing: Web offset, 150 line screen, on coated stock, 100# cover, 45# text. Perfect bound.
Trim: Publication is 8.5″ x 11″. Bleeds must extend 3⁄16″ beyond trim. Live matter must be 3⁄16″ inside trim.
Production Services: Available with quotes provided upon request.
All ad sizes are maximum, including borders. Oversized ads are considered bleeds and earn 10% over rate shown for standard ads. All ad materials not called for in six months are destroyed.
Digital File Guidelines
Polo America Magazine is produced using Apple® computers. We print with Computer-to-Plate (CTP) technology, and require all ads to be submitted digitally. Please pay careful attention to the following guidelines for advertising materials:
- Adobe PDF files created with Distiller. Must have all fonts embedded, no RGB data, and no JPEG data.
- EPS files with fonts converted to outlines.
- InDesign CS-CS4, Illustrator and Photoshop. QuarkXpress 5/6/7 files must be submitted as EPS or PDF.
- Digital files must include a composite color proof. Include all fonts, art and images with layout file. Image files must be TIFF or EPS, CMYK format, 266 or 300 dpi resolution.
- We do not accept Word, Excel, Publisher or PowerPoint.
- 4-color process (CMYK)
- Spot color and RGB are not accepted
- Only Adobe Type 1 fonts are supported. All others are not allowed.
- Supply all fonts for text and graphics as one suitcase per family of screen fonts. Printer fonts must be included. Use the actual typeface from the font library.
- Do not use bold, italicized, etc., within the document layout program.
- CD, DVD or Flash Drives
- Film is not accepted.
Deadlines and Publication Dates
Call Polo America at (760) 668-6093 or email Randy Russell.
Photo and Editorial Submissions
Polo America invites you to submit your polo photos, event and articles (content) for consideration in Polo America magazine. Submitting content binds you to the terms of the Polo America Magazine Content Submission Agreement set forth below:
- You (the author) irrevocably grant Polo America Ltd. the unrestricted, perpetual, worldwide use of content freely in whole or in part in any manner or medium commercial or otherwise without compensation. You retain ownership rights as applicable, and you will be given appropriate credit or acknowledgment.
- Without limitation, you grant the publisher the right to publish the content in Polo America Magazine and in derivative and ancillary forms, including but not limited to, the Polo America website and other print, digital and online formats.
- You represent and affirm: a) that you are the sole author, creator and owner of the content or are submitting the content with the express consent of the sole owner and have obtained all releases and permissions necessary for publisher’s use of the content; b) that the content is not in the public domain; c) that the content does not infringe any statutory or common law copyright or any other intellectual property right or other rights of any third party; d) that the content does not invade the rights of privacy or publicity of any person or contain any matter libelous or otherwise in contravention of the rights of any person; and e) that all statements in the content asserted as facts are true.
- You also represent and affirm that you have full power and authority to enter into and perform this agreement. You agree that your submission will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and that the publisher has no obligation to use or publish content.